Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rockport


Despite the weather being a little dreary, Hollis and I went up to Rockport, MA for a walk on the beach. It was about 67 degrees up there, and the water was mighty cold, but she took off in a gallop for the waves anyway. She stuck her tootsies in and we waded for a little while before she got too chilly. There were a fair amount of folks in the water, mostly kids. There's something about being a New Englander that makes you "enjoy" frigid water. I remember going in the ocean until my skin was blue and the water actually felt like needles. I don't indulge in that much pain anymore, but I still take a quick dip now and then - I guess I've gone soft. Hollis definitely has that New England toughness, and would go in the ocean in the middle of January if given an opportunity!

No comments: